When looking for a pediatrician, it’s important to find one that respects your parenting preferences and is current with evidence-based research. Here are some tips to consider when determining if a pediatrician is a good fit for you and our top picks we recommend to the families we support.
What Makes a Great Pediatrician
- They are current on up-to-date evidence-based medical care and research.
- They genuinely respect your parenting preferences for your family.
- They are easy to speak with and listen to your concerns as a parent.
- The friendliness and professionalism of their office staff is a reflection of their practice as a whole.
- They have a compassionate approach with all their young patients (including those who may have sensory sensitivities).
- They are supportive of all infant feeding options. If you intend to breastfeed, they support your breastfeeding goals, have a knowledge of updated infant growth charts for breastfed babies, and know how to spot the signs of oral restrictions. They also know when to refer you to a qualified IBCLC for advanced lactation support.
- They provide evidence-based guidance around healthcare and understand that a “one size fits all” approach doesn’t work for every family.
- They are frequently recognized as top providers by medical peers and in their community.
Who Do We Recommend to Our Clients?
There are several great pediatrician offices in and around Fayetteville. Our top picks that we recommend to our families are Dr. Caban at Phycinity and Dr. Johnson at Cape Fear Valley Hoke Primary Pediatrics. When you meet them, you’ll know why they come highly recommended by us and the families we support. Both are BIPOC providers and work with diverse families. For our military families, please note that both accept Tricare Prime and Tricare Select insurance.