Meet The Agency Owner
Welcome to Central Carolina Doulas! Central Carolina Doulas was born from my passion to provide high-quality pregnancy and postpartum support services to families in central North Carolina.
I believe that confidence is key and support is the cornerstone of one’s birth and postpartum journey. With this in mind, I have assembled a team of doulas that share in this vision and maintain the same high standards in providing compassionate support to expecting families. With a prior career in project management, I have a trained eye for spotting talent in individuals and experience in building high-performing teams. As a result, Central Carolina Doulas has rapidly grown into the premier doula agency in our area.
If you had asked me ten years ago about leading a doula agency, I would have honestly responded, “What’s a doula?” I had never come across doulas in any professional capacity or even understood the need for one. My perspective changed when I experienced the birth of my first baby in my late 30s and faced the challenges of a high-risk pregnancy, a NICU baby, breastfeeding issues, and feeling lost in my identity as a new mother. I never imagined how struggling with my transition into motherhood would eventually change the trajectory of my life and career.
Seeking to connect with other mothers, I turned to a local mother support group called Breastfeeding Social of Fayetteville, and quickly stepped into a leadership role. Through my volunteer work in the lactation community, I met a local doula who later invited me to learn more about becoming a doula. Shortly after accepting that invitation and completing labor doula training, I opened my first solo doula business Aida Algarin Birth Services. I earned additional professional doula credentials in postpartum & infant care, infant feeding, childbirth education, and placenta encapsulation. Due to the success and expansion of my solo doula practice, I am now the founder and owner of a full-service doula agency: Central Carolina Doulas.
I believe that preparing for motherhood and being a mother requires courage, strength, and humility. It takes the courage to recognize and push through fear, the strength to speak up as we push through challenges, and the humility to recognize when we need help, and ask for it. It is with this in mind that I welcome you to experience what real support feels like with Central Carolina Doulas.
Aida’s Professional Experience, Workshop Training and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration, Bryant University
- Certified Labor Doula
- Certified VBAC Specialist
- UNC OR Doula Support for Cesarean Births
- Certified Postpartum & Infant Care Doula
- Infant Feeding Specialist
- Childbirth & Newborn Care Educator
- Baby-Wearing Educator
- Placenta Encapsulation Specialist
- Blood Borne Pathogens Safety
- Spinning Babies
- First Aid & CPR
- Postpartum Support International Maternal Mental Health Certificate
- “When Survivor’s Give Birth” Sexual Trauma Training for Birthworkers
- Bereavement Support
- Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
Aida’s Community and Non-Profit Leadership
- Admin of Breastfeeding Social of Fayetteville
- Member of Breastfeeding Coalition of Cumberland County
- Member of La Leche League of Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
- “Breastfeeding-Friendly Employer and Community Partner” Award Recipient from North Carolina Breastfeeding Coalition
- Chapter Leader of The Carrying-On Project Fort Bragg/Fayetteville
- Member of Postpartum Support International
- Community Advisory Committee for Partnership for Children of Cumberland County
- Member of Association of Bragg Spouses
- Small Group Leader in The Fayetteville Church
- Alumna of Women of Power Society of NC
- Member of Downtown Alliance
- Lifetime Member of Prospanica
- Lifetime Member of ProDoula
Meet the Central Carolina Doulas Team
A Special Note To Military Families
Our Central Carolina Doulas are all affiliated with the Fort Bragg or Camp Lejeune military community. As military spouses, we have a personal understanding of the sacrifice required from our military families. We recognize your unique needs and strive to provide the support you deserve.